Saturday, June 23, 2012

For a time there was a sparkle in her eye...

For a time there was a sparkle in her eyes,
There was nothing else that I wanted otherwise,
A the years moved past,
And everything was a joy with her,
Time moved so fast,
And I found a best friend in her,
Someone who I can spend the rest of my life with is what I found,
To my surprise I tore it all down,
On that train ride home from our second date,
I opened my mouth with fury and an explosion of words ripped through our souls,
I was out of control,
I was out of line,
But the damage was I didn't win,
I'd have have to face the consequences of what I've done,
Two people with sparkles in their eyes,
Turned sour never to be the same,
I sat in my car crying as I saw her tail lights pull out of the parking lot,
I broke down,
And cryer for mercy,
But there was none to be found,
An apology the next day I gave,
For my behavior the night before,
Apology unaccepted,
No forgiveness is what I found,
That was that last time I spoke to her,
Devastated by what I've done,
By the end of the week I wanted life no more,
I took a bottle of pills and prayed for it to all be over,
Suicide was the option I chose to end all the pain,
But I woke up the next day as life continued on,
But my sweetheart was no more,
She move a thousand miles away,
She got married, had a family,
While I'm still here picking up the pieces of this broken heart.
Sometimes it's easy to forget,
Sometimes I'm filled with remorse and regret,
She still has that sparkle in her eyes,
Just mine have faded, and all I can do is cry.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment